Follow on Facebook

Monday, November 9, 2009

Upholding All Things

According to Colossians 1:15-20, all things were created in order that we know the creator and come to faith in Him. Jesus, “Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high. (Hebrews 1:3). Jesus prayed in John 17:17 that God the Father sanctify us through His truth: His word is truth. Jesus states in John 14:6 that He is the way, the truth, and the life and that no man cometh unto the Father, but by Him. When a man really loves a woman, he desires that she first notice him and that she would progress to greater levels of intimate knowledge of him until finally they become one. He will sacrifice himself unselfishly for his bride's sake. I see it as being the same with God’s love for us. “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.” (Jeremiah 31:3). Oh how I love Jesus, because, He first loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment