Follow on Facebook

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Racism Trumps All Issues in 2012 Election

I try not to post anything political on my page because I trust in God, not in governments, the wisdom of men, or what fear and hate mongering owners of the media outlets tell me I ought to trust in. Fear equals unbelief and such is not my inheritance as a child of The Most High God who reins far above all principalities and powers. We would honor God more by ignoring the political divisiveness that is breeding hate among the so called church in America during this election. Where is the grace in our conversation? What does the world now see in us that is any different than what they see in those who do not know Christ in this hour? Why can't we simply vote our own conscience privately as the country's forefathers intended? "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." (Matthew 12:34) I'm not for any political party. I am for Jesus Christ and Him crucified. We have the right to free speech. Yes indeed we do. However, when it comes to speech that falls short of proclaiming the preeminent sovereignty of God, I question whether His rights are being championed in the conversation. "When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, But he who restrains his lips is wise." (Proverbs 10:19) Scripture mandates that I vote, not hate nor speak hatefully... Is my speech therefore hateful? I need to examine myself to see if I and my free speech are indeed in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5). Peace and love to us and all glory to God. The world is watching and we need for them to see the light of Christ, not a spirit of fear which pushes people away. We can vote for whoever we want to vote for in private. Yet, with our freedom of speech, are we lifting Jesus Christ up by loving our neighbor into God's Kingdom? Or, God forbid, do we seem more interested in our opinions and judgment of those who do not recognize the love of God in us? We do not need to fight God's battles. God is omnipotent and wholly sovereign. We do, however, need to obey God's new commandment. "That you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." (John 13:34) If we are honest with ourselves, do we feel the love of Christ when we read some of the things we have written about candidates during this presidential election?

 © 2012 Brian L Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment