Follow on Facebook

Sunday, November 11, 2012

God Touched This Sinner

 Since words cannot adequately convey the reality of what took place, I will try again here: It was an incredibly overcast fall day in 1993 at Ramapo College and, when the warm light of the sun suddenly broke through the clouds and shone on my face, I wept uncontrollably. I was in the middle of a set with the reggae band, No Discipline, playing drums as usual as I did for a living most of my life up to that point. What was this new tension and why was I weeping?

Something in my heart was breaking. Up to that moment I had felt so wicked and so much was obviously wrong in my life. Yet God reached down through it all and touched me deeply that day, perhaps just to let me know that there was a reality bigger and more awesomely powerful than I had hitherto ever imagined. Hallelujah! The Son shone through the clouds and caressed me with His omnipotent love that afternoon. Hallelujah! The Son caused His countenance to graciously shine upon me (Numbers 6:22-27). Hallelujah! God was so concerned about this dread-lock wearing, screwed up, self-absorbed drummer boy that He reached down from heaven in that moment, as though He had nothing more important to do, and caressed me on my wretched cheek with His awesome omnipotent love. Oh, my goodness! Hallelujah! I was overwhelmed…



© 2012 Brian L Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment