Follow on Facebook

Monday, December 24, 2012

Election 2012 Facebook Ugliness Response

“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” (Psalm 133:1)

I can remember studying The Amy Vanderbilt Complete Book of Etiquette when I was a teenager. Two topics are considered by diplomats to be unfit for discussion in social settings. Those two topics are religion and politics. Offering my political opinion openly in the marketplace or at a formal dinner party would not be completely unlike eating meat that had been sacrificed unto idols (1 Corinthians 10:28). I would undoubtedly be offending someone by doing so. Should such be named among us? Does such unite us? Nay, I would think my concentration would produce better fruit (not bitter) by focusing on that meat Jesus spoke of having that the disciples knew not of (John 4:32).

“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14)


© 2012 Brian L Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment