Follow on Facebook

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Who is God?



“This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.” (Matthew 15:8)

What the world definitely does not need is a second coming of the Pharisees and Sadducees (Matthew 22:29). The first round was quite enough. Thank you. Heartless, self-righteous judgment and condemnation is not what the New Covenant through the Blood of The Lamb is all about (Romans 8:1-39). Fighting words? Really? Whether I refer to God’s Word as the Torah, the Bible, the Word, God’s revelation of His mind to man, or Jesus has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the intimacy of my relationship with Him. Coincidentally, He answers when I call whether I refer to Him as Yeshua, Wonderful, Counselor, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, God in Three Persons, Messiah, YHVH, Yahweh, Yeshua Ha-Mashiach, Ancient of Days, El Shaddai , or Jehovah. While people devoid of the mind of Christ are busy pointing fingers and arguing over divisive cultural facts and denominational insecurities which are entirely insignificant in the schema of God’s redemptive work, Satan, the author and finisher of the works-based salvation concept, is laughing his way all the way to hell with the souls of many and having his way in the world. When will we wake up and begin to participate in an answer to the prayer Jesus prayed in the seventeenth chapter of John’s gospel (John 17:1-26)? God’s people are one people. “So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law.” (Galatians 5:1 NLT) Selah.
 
Note: I admonish true disciples not to be enslaved by translations. "Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do." (1 Timothy 1:4) This initial post has been a response to http://www.logosapostolic.org/bible_study/RP506JehovahYahweh.htm Please remember that we cannot believe everything we read on the Internet. :)

© 2013 Brian L Hunter

1 comment:

  1. God will never leave us nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6, Hebrews 13:5). Hallelujah! There is some new pseudo-intellectual teaching circulating which declares, because the New Testament translated some words incorrectly, unless we refer to God as Yahweh and Jesus as Yeshua, we pray to the wrong God and are destined for hell. I say get thee behind me, Satan! Jesus is my Lord and Savior whether I call Him Yeshua, Lord, Jesus, Wonderful, Counselor, Prince of Peace, or simply my help. Praise God! Jesus is mine! Hallelujah! I am my beloved's and He is mine. Praise God! Hallelujah! No demonic Torah toter is ever going to make me doubt my Savior. I know far too much about Him to fall for every wind of doctrine and the lies of the enemy. Please excuse the rant. I merely meant to say amen. May the grace of our Lord be with us now and always in Jesus' mighty name. Yes. I pray to The Father in the holy name of Jesus The Son, Scribes. May the Spirit of The Living and Only Wise God, The Everlasting Father, shut the mouths of the Pharisees who know neither the Word nor the power of God (Matthew 22:29). Silly rabbits! Tricks are still for kids. OK. I am finished now. Hallelujah! :)

    ReplyDelete