Follow on Facebook

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Sound

“The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.” (Exodus 15:2)

Sound helps us to focus and has been taken advantage of for this purpose throughout antiquity. Evidenced by Isaiah 55:12 and Isaiah 44:23, pure sound preceded language as a component of worship. The syllable om from Sanskrit, the original language of India, considered sacred and centrally important in various Dharmic religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism, has been included in mantras repeated to aid concentration on various aspects of the divine during meditation since ancient times. Why then should I, having tasted the sincere milk of the Word and experienced proof that the Lord is gracious (1 Peter 2:2-3), let the cat have my tongue and let the Ancient of Days find me silent? No rock will ever need to cry out in my stead (Luke 19:40), for I shall not be silent regarding the Lord’s infinite goodness. Hallelujah!

“I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.” (Psalm 34:1-2)

If you don’t hear me giving the Lord praise, I must be asleep. Hallelujah! If you don’t hear me singing a song of gratitude or adoration, please check my pulse. Praise God! If you pass my space and fail to hear the resounding tone of a drum or sustain from a high sounding cymbal, please pray that I am either in prayer (Matthew 6:6), studying to show myself approved unto God (2 Timothy 2:15), or resting in the bosom of my Father who art in heaven (John 1:18). For now, as annoying as it is to God’s enemies, I shall continue to make a joyful noise! Hallelujah! “Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.” (Psalm 150:6)


© 2013 Brian L Hunter
http://www.anointedwritenow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment