Follow on Facebook

Monday, October 12, 2009

Prayer - October 13th, 2009 (Isaiah 35:8)

Lord, I thank you that even though I may be completely unremarkable in every respect in this world, you are always willing to meet me in the secret place and overwhelm me with your glory. Oh Christ my Lord, you ascended to God that you might fill all things, all in all, being the brightness of the glory of the light of the world, and have promised to be a rewarder of them that diligently seek you. If I fail in every other endeavor in this life, there is but one thing I seek first. I beg you never to let the flame of my desire for you wane. You are upholding all things by the Word of your power and even though I, in my often clumsy and imperfect way, may stumble and fall, you assure me that I shall not be utterly cast down. Draw me ever nearer each and every day to the cross where Thou hast died. I pray foremost for more of you and in you I shall hide. I am reaching out for you, my King. I am listening for your whisper, my love. Please keep me on this highway and fill me ever with your Spirit, Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment