Follow on Facebook

Monday, January 21, 2013

Are We Instruments of Faith or Fear?


“Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.” (Ephesians 4:29)

Is what we are saying, communicating, or about to suggest encouraging anyone's faith, or, is it merely political hate speech designed by Satan to incite division and more of the same? But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:1). The hate speech of some self-proclaimed disciples of Jesus Christ within the last few years is so faithless that what they say makes some wonder whether they truly believe God is sovereign and omnipotent. Peter’s dialogue betrayed him and the deceitfulness thereof was counted as a denial of Jesus as Savior (Matthew 26:73). Is my conversation today full of grace (Colossians 4:6) or hatred? Like oil and water, the two cannot be mixed and qualify as righteousness. I may not know much, but I do know that God was still God even during the Holocaust in Nazi Germany, slavery and the violent enforcement  of Jim Crow laws in the United States, and the premeditated mass murder perpetrated on September 11, 2001. I trust in God infinitely more than I will ever trust in any politician. Therefore, “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.” (Psalm 4:8) Who is so much more worthy of conversation on this or any other day? I am talking about God who alone is sovereign and omnipotent, the author and finisher of my faith (Hebrews 12:2). Who are any of these other uncircumcised Philistines? Ask Chuck E. Cheese and I if we care. Selah. 

Note: This post was written in response to unnecessary and unproductive negativity expressed by subversives using social media to perpetuate divisiveness during the second inauguration of Barack Obama on January 21, 2013. 
  
© 2013 Brian L Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment