Follow on Facebook

Saturday, November 3, 2012

2012 Election Shame 3


“Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.” (Romans 14:10-13 ESV)

Kings, Republicans, and Democrats shall all pass away. However, there is still something about the name of Jesus. Let us not love the glory that comes from any man more than the glory that comes from God (John 12:43 ESV). Why then, should I allow my opinion about any political candidate or issue to reveal anything but faith in God? If, rather, my opinion reveals fear, strife, angry tempers, disputes, slanders, gossip, arrogance, or disturbances (2 Corinthians 12:20), then, though I should be praying for those my opinion condemns, I would do well in the sight of God to press my own way to the altar and weep for the sins of us all. Have the words of my opinionated mouth and the meditation of my heart during this election always been acceptable in God’s sight? It does not take much effort to assemble a lynch mob on either the Republican or the Democratic side of the political fence. I ask now, as I examine my own wicked ways (Romans 3:23), who is on the Lord’s side (Exodus 32:26)? Is my opinion salt and light to the world? Does my opinion point to the fact that God is in control and that even Satan must obtain His permission to sneeze? What does my opinion reveal about my theology and my faith? Selah

 © 2012 Brian L Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment