Follow on Facebook

Friday, November 6, 2009

And After He Had Prayed

As we interact with the world of others, we need to divert attention away from ourselves and towards God, His Word, and His will. Also, as the two forces make contact, I want to make sure I am so in touch with the Spirit of God at that moment that I am the spiritually influential one and not the one being spiritually influenced. The meaning of being holy is that as believers we should be set apart from the world. Romans 12:1-2 is a daily instruction and must precede my going therefore into all nations baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. In that order and daily nourished, as a living epistle I am then able to be a light to folks still in spiritual darkness. If I am not in the proper spiritual condition and state of mind myself, I am but a blind man trying to lead the blind. That is why constant prayer for my own steadfastness in faith precedes my going out. This does not mean, however, that I never intend to go out, but that I would rather go with as much of God’s leading and empowerment as possible. Once we have daily received the Bread of Life, we interact with all men (as we have opportunity) that we may win some. Moses said unto God, in Exodus 33:15 “If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.” I pray to be in the right place at the right time always for the right reason. I look to God for this direction lest I lean to my own understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment