Follow on Facebook

Friday, November 6, 2009

More Living Water Please

A well-rounded spirituality includes realizing that, “The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” (Psalm 24:1). The fear (holy reverence) of the Lord is not only the beginning of wisdom, but is also an aspect of the holy life that will keep me mindful of God’s presence, God’s Word, my total dependency upon His grace, mercy, and omnipotent power in every aspect of my life. This world is not my home. I have to be willing to forego some of the time consuming dainty meats of this world in order to finish this race and hold the beginning of my confidence steadfast unto the end, overcoming stress, unbelief, and the cares of this world. (Hebrews 3:14) I am praying each day for full growth that leads to action, studying to show myself approved unto God (2 Tim 2:15) while realizing that the most important prayer is that my faith never fail. (Luke 22:32) A balanced, full-orbed Christian spirituality would be in vain otherwise. Matthew 7:22, 23 illustrates the ultimate futility of not staying connected to the true vine, abiding in Christ with Christ in me just as He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. The Word of God begs for a constant, close, intimate contact throughout our walk with Him. I want to cultivate that more and more in my life, day by day, hour by hour, and minute by minute. Not able to live a monastic life, the challenge is greater for me but not impossible. I have achieved a much greater balance just by severely limiting television in the daily routine. I am praying for more and more time in the secret place of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment