Follow on Facebook

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Break Me

“It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn your statutes.” (Psalm 119:71)

Graciously break my legs as you see fit, Great Shepherd of the Sheep (Hebrews 13:20). By the time my leg has healed, I, your precious lamb, the lamb you loved enough to sacrifice your only begotten Son, will have learned to stay nearer my God to Thee. Hallelujah! Do not allow me to lean to my own und
erstanding, oh Lord (Proverbs 3:5). Perfect my trust in You today. Convict me when I rebel against Your instruction if indeed Your Spirit is within me. Help me to more diligently examine myself to determine daily if I remain in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5). It is so easy to follow my own way. My own way does not bother me like the inerrant two-edged, cutting truth of  Your holy Word. I am comfortable left to my own wisdom. Therefore, provoke me to holiness by discomfiting this flesh which prefers the stable sameness of self-centered stagnation. Upset this flesh and move me toward the light, Your light (Matthew 5:14-16, John 8:12), Almighty God. Hallelujah!


© 2012 Brian L Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment