Follow on Facebook

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Prayer Request

“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” (Isaiah 26:3 ESV)

I have alienated some ministries by posting what I have written about politics being a divisive (Contrary to the spirit of John 17:21) topic to be preaching in this already politically and racially tense time. Especially considering America's brief history which is full of hatred, social inequality, and institutional injustice by design, I would personally avoid such topics and seek to concentrate more upon the infallible Word of God and the unity therein commanded much more so than espousing my opinions of other people while standing behind the sacred desk. Please forgive me, Almighty God, for the discord I have sown and the relationships I may have strained. Lord, please help me to keep my mind stayed on You instead of so much attention to politics, the opinions of people, and the other things of this world in Jesus’ holy name. Like John Lennon said, “all we are saying is give peace a chance.” We all must follow our own inspired convictions of just what promoting peace entails. I already know that I am an unconventional lunatic and therefore I have taken great pains to explicate this caveat.

Please pray for me that God's peace and wisdom will prevail in all of the relationships adversely affected by the impertinence of what I have published on my personal Facebook page. Please let forgiveness be found in Your church, Almighty God. In Jesus’ precious name I pray, loving and hoping in all things 1 Corinthians 13:7-8). Amen and amen.


© 2009 Brian L Hunter

www.anointedwritenow.com

#WritingHelps

No comments:

Post a Comment