Follow on Facebook

Monday, March 11, 2013

The Whole Truth

“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.” (1 Peter 3:18-22 ESV)

If we water down the truth of the gospel so that we please each and everyone, we become servants of Antichrist. Though such enticing words of man’s wisdom (1 Corinthians 2:4) are always politically correct, likely to charm filthy lucre out of unsuspecting rattlesnakes, easy for lynch mobs to focus their hatred and rally around, and meticulously fashioned into their own zealous form of godliness (2 Timothy 3:5), these words prove nothing more than the cunning artistry of Beelzebub who is the father of all lies. Such deceit will always help one grow in popularity. People are more likely to return phone calls, respond to emails, and comment on social media posts when our message is so homogenous that not one heart is convicted or motivated to repentance and godly sorrow (2 Corinthians 7:10).

I am not willing to take a chance on winning the world’s approval lottery while failing to fulfill the function for which God has called me. If I wear the moniker of trouble maker, then all is well. As I am delighted when God opens doors of opportunity, so shall I be thrilled when He closes others. I am learning to let go when God says let go. The only real gain in this life is from Him, through Him; and, to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever. Amen (Romans 11:36).

Therefore, I do not believe in chance. I believe that the full gospel of Jesus Christ, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth of God’s Word “is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12) Hallelujah! My hope is built on nothing less. Hallelujah! My conscience is therefore clear because my righteousness, my godliness, is not my own. I have believed and shall hereafter believe in the promises of my King, Jehovah. Bless His holy name forever and ever. Amen.

“ No victor believes in chance.” (Friedrich Nietzsche, 1844–1900 German philosopher)


© 2009 Brian L Hunter 

www.anointedwritenow.com

#WritingHelps

No comments:

Post a Comment